The Girls

Friday, August 22, 2008

Teething? What do you think?

I am especially happy it is Friday. This past weekend and all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the girls have been uncharacteristically grumpy. Other than their almost always runny noses, on Saturday the girls were in an excellent mood (maybe a little sleepy) for a 10 year high school reunion in the park. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed being outside and seeing old friends and forever friends again. It was a little down hill, or maybe just a slight slant, after that.

I’m not sure if the girls had a bad cold or have started teething or maybe both. I’m sure that could happen, right? A few people we have encountered over the past week have commented “Oh! It looks like someone is getting their first tooth!” I was wondering if that were the case and Manley and I had discussed it also, but when someone else says it to you they can almost convince you that that must be what’s happening.

All day Sunday WW had a fever and then all day Tuesday and Wednesday Munch had a fever. Thursday was the first day that we could tell the girls were feeling better. WW became her normal chatty self and Munch finally started eating again. We gave the girls blankies on Sunday and since then they have continued to chew on them whenever (and whoever’s) they can. We put Orajel on Munchkin's gums once and she instantly stopped crying and fell asleep. Was it the cherry flavor or was it that her mouth wasn’t throbbing anymore?

Although they both still have runny noses (I think there has been one week in their lives where they have not had a runny nose) they no longer have fevers and they are both eating normally. They still are lovin their blankets though! We have yet to see or feel a tooth but I’ll keep you posted on what may or may not appear. In the mean time, here are a few pictures from the past week and you can decide for yourself. Is it teeth or do they just not feel good? I forgot to mention that their shirts are always soaked from the chest up now.

As a side note, I would like to apologize to our 2 faithul readers for my lack of posting. I’m not good at this and every time I write a comment on someone else’s blog I have to reset my password first because I keep forgetting it. Sorry Megan and Erica.


Mama

1 comment:

Erica Russell said...

I was shocked to see the new post! keep it up. The girls are getting so big and I was sad I couldn't see them at the reunion! If they are fussy and you think it is teeth give the girls some tylenol! It works wonders, especially at night. Glad you found the bring the rain blog. Did you find it from Andy and Julia? I am addicted!